Whether they are occasional or recurring, the buttons have the annoying habit of inviting themselves on our face during the periods when we would least like to see them point the tip of their nose: just before a promising appointment, an important presentation at the work or even before a date dear to our heart like our birthday. Which gift ! In addition to the unsightly appearance of inflamed red buttons – sometimes difficult to assume in society – these imperfections can also be painful and particularly stubborn, which ultimately affects our morale. We therefore aspire to get rid of it as quickly as possible to display a perfect complexion!
Rest assured, there is no need to invest in luxurious treatments or to use products whose formulas are unnatural to make unwanted people disappear. There are grandmother remedies that have been proven to fight pimples. We show you seven that work for sure!
1. Tea tree oil in local care
Tea tree oil also known as tea tree oil is considered a formidable weapon against pimples. Thanks to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect, it quickly dries up the inflamed pimples, helps to reduce the redness of the imperfection, but also the swelling of the affected skin area. Result: your pimple decreases and the pain it also creates.
To treat a pimple with tea tree oil:
– put a few drops of tea tree oil on a cotton ball or, better still, on the cottony tip of a cotton swab.
– dab the button locally with cotton wool soaked in tea tree oil and leave to act.
If your skin is not particularly sensitive, you can let the tea tree oil work overnight. But if your skin is sensitive or rather dry, it will be better, then, leave the oil on for only fifteen minutes on the imperfection before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
2. Apple cider vinegar in purifying tonic
Like tea tree oil, regular apple vinegar contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory substances that cleanse the pores to free them from impurities and soothe the skin. In addition, it also balances the pH of the skin which is particularly interesting for oily skin. It is therefore ideal for locally treating painful pimples, but also as a more general facial treatment to prevent the formation of future blemishes.
Here’s how to get rid of an ugly pimple with apple cider vinegar:
– dilute the equivalent of a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.
– soak a cotton ball in this mixture of water + apple vinegar and apply it to pimples and imperfections.
– possibly continue by applying the tonic all over the face if you have oily and not too sensitive skin.
Good to know: the smell of apple vinegar may be unpleasant but rest assured, if it is present during the application, it disappears quickly afterwards. There is therefore no reason to deprive yourself of its benefits in the event of imperfections.
3. A honey and cinnamon mask to fight against impurities
Thanks to its nourishing and restorative properties, honey alone is an ingredient that is full of benefits for our skin. It is perfect for making “home made” treatments to replace various facial cosmetics, especially if you tend to have sensitive or dry skin. But what is a little less known is that this sweet dough has very effective antiseptic properties to fight against unsightly pimples: once applied to a pimple, it effectively prevents the proliferation of bacteria and significantly accelerates the process healing imperfection.
Used as an intensive treatment mask, it is therefore readily associated with cinnamon, which is also sanitizing.
To concoct this homemade anti-pimple mask with honey and cinnamon:
– mix a tablespoon of cinnamon powder with two tablespoons of honey.
– apply the paste obtained evenly on your skin so that the honey and cinnamon treat the pimples and get rid of impurities
– leave to act for about half an hour, then rinse the mask thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Warning ! Cinnamon can be irritating to the most reactive skin. Before applying this honey-cinnamon mixture on your face, do a test in the crook of the arm to see how your skin reacts. And if you’re worried it might be, you can also use this honey mask alone.
4. Lemon juice to dry out pimples
Are you used to rare and isolated but very red, very inflamed and suddenly very showy buttons? Then freshly squeezed lemon juice can help. Its powerful antibacterial action makes it possible to quickly stop the growth of even the most formidable pimples. In addition, lemon juice quickly dries the imperfection so that it disappears as quickly as it appeared.
To cure your pimples with lemon juice, use it rather in the evening because it is photosensitizing:
– dip a cotton ball in freshly squeezed lemon juice.
– gently dab on the button with.
– rinse in the morning before hydrating your skin.
5. Mud to cleanse the skin and pimples on the face and body
Detoxifying and purifying, mud is a natural element known for its healing properties on many skin concerns such as psoriasis, eczema, oily skin or blackheads and pimples. Its richness in trace elements and minerals also allows it to intensely revitalize the epidermis. Applied as a mask on the face or as a poultice on areas prone to acne pimples such as the back or décolleté, this medicinal soil gently captures impurities and exfoliates to free the skin from dander and excess sebum to to unclog clogged pores. Refreshing, it offers a real clean blow to the skin.
To make yourself a mud mask against pimples:
– mix one to two teaspoons full of powdered mud with about 10 tablespoons of water to obtain a pasty mixture.
– apply the mask on the face or on the area affected by pimples
– leave to act for ten minutes while the mud dries, then rinse thoroughly with water.